This blog runs on WordPress and uses the Parole 2018 theme. This is the Parole 2015 theme basically, with some changes by me. I chose the 2018 year intentionally so there’s no impression given that this is a modern theme. I wanted something simple/ “outdated”. Old is Gold.
The blog is hosted at Cloudways, hosted on DigitalOcean. (After 9 years with ASO I moved to Cloudways in Dec 2022).
It uses the following plugins:
- Urvanov Syntax Highlighter for all the code highlights.
- Breeze for WordPress caching (Previously I was using WP Super Cache but switched to Breeze as it is designed for Cloudways)
- Bunny CDN as a CDN.
Duo Authenticator coz push notifications rock!
- Limit Login Attempts to limit the number of incorrect login attempts from a particular IP.
- Google XML Sitemaps to generate XML sitemaps for search engines.
- UpdraftPlus to backup my blog to Dropbox.
- Archive Chart to show a nice graph of my posting frequency on the About Blog page.
- Redirection to handle some 301 redirects.
- Schema plugin to add some SEO friendly schema.
- Google Fonts for WordPress plugin to add and easily manage Google Fonts on the blog (I splurged for the Pro version too in fact).
This page was last updated on 1st Jan 2023.